Here we provide you with photos, logos and presentations.
The copyrights are held by BREKO Bundesverband Breitbandkommunikation e.V. and the persons depicted in each case. Please always quote the source when using these images and send a specimen copy to our press office in the case of publications in newspapers, magazines or similar. Thank you very much!
Board of Directors
BREKO Broadband Study19
BREKO Broadband Study18
BREKO is and remains the strong voice of competition. For some time now, our association has been the leading German fibre optics association and thus the central contact for politicians and the press on all issues relating to digital infrastructure.
In the Glasfaserjournal you will find insights into the association and the industry on the occasion of the BREKO's 20th anniversary.
Fibre Optic Journal 20
The fixed network in Germany is booming
- 1m new fibre connections in 2019 in BREKO
- Demand on the rise: take-up rate in fibre optic expansion at 43
- BREKO network operators realise more than 60% of fibre roll-out to buildings and homes
Fibre Compass 2018/2019
"Ending the broadband middle age - shaping the digital future".
- More than 82 percent of the expansion with fibre connections to the building (FTTB) or directly to the home (FTTH) is currently (as of mid-2017) being carried out by the alternative network operators.
- In 2020, it should be possible to supply around 5 million households and businesses via direct, self-built fibre connections of the BREKO network operators alone - currently there are around 1.5 million FTTB/FTTH connections of the BREKO carriers.
- As the dynamics of fibre roll-out will increase strongly in the coming years and only investments in pure fibre will represent future-proof business models, BREKO expects around 28 million households to be supplied with direct fibre connections by German competitors by 2025.